The important qualities of a good leader/manager are:
1. Sound Physique: A good leader must have sound physique (i.e., good health, or physical fitness)
2. Alertness: He must always be alert.
3. Emotional stability: He must not lose his temper, whatever may be the occasion and provocation.
4. Will power and self confidence: He must have his strong will power and capacity to take bold decision at the right time.
5. Courage: He must have courage to face any situation that may arise in the course of his work.
6. Enthusiasm: He must have enthusiasm and zeal for his work.
7. Initiative: Being a leader/manager, he must take initiative for the effective working of the organisation.
8. Intelligence: He must be intelligent to grasp and understand the situation and other’s views and ideas correctly.
9. Dynamic: A leader/manager must be able to incorporate the changes for the successful working of his enterprise.
10. Sound judgement: This means, he must be able to make out for himself what is right and what is wrong for the organisation.
11. Technical Competence: He must have thorough knowledge of the theory and practice of his job.
12. Managerial abilities: He must have administrative talents. He must have organising ability. He must be able to deal with people.
13. Moral qualities: He should have moral qualities.
14. Empathy: He must be able to look at things from others’ point of view.
15. Ability to guide and lead: He must have the ability to guide and lead his subordinates.
16. Communication skills: He must be able to communicate with others easily and clearly.
17. Sociability : He must be able to mix with his subordinates. This will help him to win over his subordinates and get their co-operation.