1. When was the Asiatic Society of Bengal founded?
2. Where was the Asiatic Society of Bengal founded?
3. Who founded the Asiatic Society of Benga?
Ans. William Jones.
4. Who founded the Sanskrit College (1792) at Benaras?
Ans. Jonathan Duncan.
5. When was the Calcutta Madrassa founded?
6. When was the Hindu College founded?
7. When did the British Parliament ask the Company to spend 1-lakh of rupees per year for the promotion of education in India?
8. When was the Committee of Public Instruction first appointed in Bengal?
9. Who was appointed the President of the Committee of Public Instruction in 1834?
10. When the English education was officially introduced in India?
11. Who introduced the western education in India?
Ans. Lord Willian Bentinck.
12. When did Lord Bentinck establish Medical College in Calcutta?
13. Mention the year of the Wood’s Dispatch.
14. When was the University of Calcutta established?
Ans. 24 January, 1857.
15. Who was the first Vice- Chancellor of the University of Calcutta?
Ans. William Colevil.
16. Who was the first graduate of the Calcutta University?
Ans. Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay.
17. When was the Indian Education Commission (Hunter Commission) appointed?
18. When did Lord Curzon pass the Indian Universities Act?
19. When was the Atmiya Sabha founded by Rammohan Roy?
20. When did the Atmiya Sablta come to be known as the Brahmo Saniaj or Brahmo Sabha?
21. When the sati was declared illegal?
22. Who founded the TaUvabodhini Sabha in 1839?
Ans. Debendranath Tagore.
23. When was the Tatwabodhini Patrika Published?
24. Who founded the Sangat Sabha in 1860?
Ans. Keshab Chandra Sen.
25. By what name the followers of Derozio known?
Ans. Young Bengal.
26. When was the Hindu Widow Remarriage Act passed?
27. When was Raniakrisbnadeva born?
28. When did Vivekananda go to Chicago to deliver lecture in the Parliament of Religion?
29. When was the first girl’s school established at Poona?
30. When was the Widow Remarriage Association founded in Maharashtra?
31. Who was known as Lokahitabadi?
Ans. Gopal Hari Deshmukh.
32. Name a book written by Swami Vivekananda.
33. Who was the founder of the Prarthana Samaja?
Ans. Dr Atmaram Pandurang.
34. Who was the pioneer in the reform movement among the Parsees?
Ans. Naoroji Furdonji.
35. Who was the founder of the Theosophy Movement?
36. Which organization was founded by Swami Dayananda Saraswati?
Ans. Arya Samaj.
37. Under whose leadership did the Theosophy Movement gain momentum?
Ans. Annie Besant.
38. Who was the founder of the Reform Movement among the Sikhs?
Ans. Baba Dayal Das.
39. Who was the author of the famous Satyartha Prakash?
Ans. Dayananda Saraswati.
40. Who founded the Muhammadan Anglo- Oriental College?
Ans. Sir Syed Ahmed Khan.
41. When was the Muhammadan Anglo-Oriental College founded at Aligarh?
42. Who was the founder of the Hindu Mela?
Ans. Nabagopal Mitra.
43. When was the Hindu Mela founded?
44. When was the Indian Association founded?
45. Which was the first Political Association of India?
Ans. Landholders’ Association.
46. When was the Landholders’ Association established?
47. When was the British India Society established?
48. When was the British India Association founded?
49. When was the Madras Native Association founded?
50. When was the Bombay Association founded?
51. When was the Dramatic Performances Act passed?
52. When was the Vernacular Press Act passed?
53. When was the Arms Act passed?
54. When was the first session of the All India National Conference held?
55. When was the first session of the Indian National Congress held ?
56. Who addressed an open letter to the graduates of the Calcutta University in 1883 ?
57. When was the Wood’s Dispatch announced ?
58. When was William Adam’s- report published ?
59. Who presided over the first session of the All India National Conference ?
Ans. Ramtanu Lahiri
60. Name the Englishman who took initiative in founding the Indian National Congress.
61. When was the Arya Samaj founded?
62. Where was the Arya Samaj established ?
Ans. In Bombay
63. When was the Ilbert Bill published?
64. Which organisation started a counter movement on the Ilbert Bill issue ?
Ans. Indian Association
65. Who started agitation against the proposed Ilbert Bill ?
Ans. The Europeans in India