1. Where was the first session of the Indian National Congress convened?
2. When was the first session of the Indian National Congress held?
Answer: 1885 (December).
3. Who was the President of the first session of the Indian National Congress?
Answer: W C Banerjee.
4. In which session of the Indian National Congress the political leaders of Bengal joined?
5. By what name were known the leaders of the early phase of the Indian National Congress?
6. Mention the name of a Moderate leader.
7. When did the Surat Split take place?
8. Who was known as the ‘Grand Old Man’ of India?
Answer: Dadabhai Naoroji.
9. Write the name of a militant nationalist leader.
Answer:Bal Gangadhar Tilak.
10. Who was the Viceroy of India at the time of the Partition of Bengal?
11. What was the name of the new province that was created as a result of the Partition of Bengal?
Answer: Eastern Bengal and Assam.
12. When was Bengal Partitioned?
13. Name the ceremony that was observed on the day of the Partition of Bengal.
14. When was Carlyle Circular issued?
Answer: 10 October, 1905.
15. Who founded the anti- Circular Society?
Answer: sachindraprasad Basu.
16. When was the anti-Circular Society started?
Answer: 4 November, 1905.
17. Which newspaper first mooted the idea of ‘boycott’?
Answer: Sanjibani (weekly paper).
18. Who founded the Dawn Society?
Answer: satishchandra Mukhopadhyay.
19. When vas the Dawn Society founded?
20.Under whose initiative was born the National Education Council ?
Answer: Satischandra Mukhopadhyay
21. Name a newspaper that was instrumental in inculcating the spirit of opposition to the Partition of Bengal.
22. Name the first revolutionary secret society of Bengal.
Answer: Anushilan Samiti
23. When was the Anushilan Samiti founded ?
24. In Maharashtra who first preached the revolutionary path ?
Answer: Basudev Balwant Phadke
25. Who was the first revolutionary martyr of India ?
Answer: Damodar Chapekar
26. Which revolutionary society was established by the Savarkar Brothers ?
Answer: Abhinava Bharat
27. When was the capital of India transferred from Calcutta to Delhi ?
28. When was the Partition of Bengal annulled ?
29. When was Mitramela established?
30. Where was Abhinava Bharat founded?
Answer: In Maharashtra.
31. In which year started the Ganapati Shivaji Utsav?
32. Which was the first act of revolution in India?
Answer: Rand-Ayrst murder.
33. Who was the founder of the Anushilan Samiti?
Answer: Pramathanath Mitra.
34. Which was the first Conspiracy Case instituted against the Indian revolutionaries?
Answer: Alipore Conspiracy Case.
35. Name one revolutionary of Maharashtra.
Answer: Basudev Balwant Phadke.
36. Who were the Chapekar Brothers?
Answer: Damodar Chapekar and Balkrishna Chapekar.
37. Who were the Savarkar Brothers?
Answer: Ganesh Savarkar and Vinayak Damodar Savarkar.
38. Who founded the Abhinava Bharat?
Answer: Savarkar Brothers Savarkar Brothers.
39. Who founded the Mitra Mela?
Answer: Savarkar Brothers.
40. Against who was the Nasik Conspiracy Case instituted?
41. Name a revolutionary of Punjab.
Answer: Ajit Singh.
42. Name a revolutionary of Madras.
43. Name a leader of Maharashtra who played an important role in the Swadeshi movement?
Answer:Bal Gangadhar Tilak.
44. What was the real name of Sister Nivedita?
Answer:Margaret E. Nobel.
45. Who founded the Jugantar Dal?
Answer:Barindra Kumar Ghosh.
46. When was the Jugantar Dal founded?
47. National Council of Education was the result of which movement?
Answer:National education movement.
48. When was the National Council of Education formally inaugurated?
49. Name the paper edited by Arobindo Ghosh.
50. Under whose Governor- Generalship was Partition of Bengal repealed?
51. Who first put forward the scheme of the Partition of Bengal?
52. When was the scheme of the Partition of Bengal first placed?
Answer: In 1896.