Facts to Remember :
1. The government has set up many agencies to offer health care to people at a nominal cost.
2. The basic health care unit that exists in every village and small town is a Primary Health Centre.
3. Local health care agencies perform various functions.
4. Superstitions are the outcome of fear and ignorance of the causes of many natural and scientific phenomena.
5. Treatment and diagnosis by qualified doctors is the correct way to deal with health problems.
6. The immediate help given to an injured or ill person until proper treatment is available is called first aid.
7. It is important to have a first-aid box at home for any emergency.
8. We must all know what to do immediately in case a person is injured, gets a burn injury, or bitten by an insect, dog or snake as timely help can save lives.