1. In regions with less than 70 cms of rainfall, the natural vegetation consists of thorny trees and bushes.
2. The trees are less dense and small in size but their roots are thick and long so that they can use the underground water in the best possible manner. Their barks are thick to prevent excess evaporation.
3. These are found in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Haryana.
4. The important trees are acacias, palms, babul and kikar.
Important Trees and their uses
• Bark is used for tanning purposes