1. Office work can be done quickly and effectively through the means of office machines. To err is human, but machines seldom err. Therefore, to promote accuracy of work, machines are employed.
2. A single machine may substitute two or three persons; e.g., typewriter. Thus, labour cost can be reduced.
3. Speedy work is possible, in addition to economy. Thus much time can be saved.
4. Machine operations relieve manual drudgery and reduce the monotony of work and fatigue and to that extent machines improve the morale of the employees.
5. Mass of information can be secured at ease. At present, business concerns need detailed information. For this many clerks may be required. But through machines, the cost of the information can be reduced and at the same time more result is gained at ease and economy.