Some of the important uses of Carboxylic Acids are:-
1. Higher fatty acids are used in the manufacture of soaps. Soaps are sodium potassium salts of higher fatty acids such as stearic acid.
2. Organic acids are used in foods, cold drinks, etc. For example, acetic acid is used as vinegar. Sodium salts of some organic acids are used as preservatives.
3. Organic acids are used for the preparation of many drugs such as aspirin, phenacetin etc.
4. Acetic acid is used as coagulant in the manufacture of rubber.
5. Acetic acid is also used in the manufacture of various dye stuffs, perfumes and rayon.