1. Only the necessary information can be had through the forms. If the form had not been introduced, the information may be in a letter form, without all the requisite information. So, through forms, necessary information can be had and irrelevant information can be avoided.
2. The work of the writer or the typist who is to write or type the information in few words is made easy. It is easy for him to fill in the required information correctly.
3. There will be no difficulty in analysing the data collected through the forms. If it is in a letter form, there will be much difficulty in analysing and understanding the data collected.
4. The presentation of the information will be uniform which accelerates the clerical job.
5. Forms reduce the cost of the operation work in the office.
6. Forms are helpful to fix the responsibility of the work done. (Forms are duly signed by the writer).
7. Transmission of information, which is based on the forms, will also be correct.
8. Forms make for uniformity in appearance and format. They facilitate identification of records and simplify filing and sorting operations.
9. Forms make clear what information should be gathered. Thus, office forms simplify office systems and routine.
10. Since forms preserve records, they said the organization in better planning.