(1) Monogamy provides effective sex satisfaction for both man and woman.
(2) Monogamy makes the family a centre of actual love, affection, sympathy, care, fellow-feeling and understanding.
(3) It minimizes jealousy, hatred, quarrels etc in the family.
(4) Under monogamy proper care of children can be taken by parents who rear their children with utmost, unselfish love and sincerity.
(5) Monogamy facilitates relatively easy rules of inheritance and succession.
(6) In monogamy one man marries one woman in his whole life, as a result conjugal life is strengthened between them.
For the above mentioned reasons monogamy is regarded as an ideal form of marriage in most of the civilized societies.