Personnel management aims at getting the ‘best’ out of the people by winning and maintaining their wholehearted collaboration. It is an important branch of the management of any business enterprise. The aims and objectives of Personnel management are:
1. To ensure that the organisation gets the right type of people, in right quantity, at right time and place.
2. To optimize the utilization of the organisation’s manpower.
3. To create and maintain an organisational climate conducive to the development of the people.
4. To establish desirable working relationship among the members of the organisation; and
5. To maintain a high morale by ensuring the development of highly effective work group.