1. Outline is more or less rounded.
2. Hypodermis is continuous.
3. Pericycle is continuous but non uniform.
4. Vascular bundles are in one ring.
5. Each vascular bundles is conjoint, collateral and with one patch of cambium and phloem.
6. Pith is solid.
1. Outline is wavy with ridges and furrows.
2. Hypodermis is discontinuous with more layers below the ridges.
3. Uniformly thick pericycle is seen.
4. Vascular bundles are in two rings and wedges shaped.
5. Each vascular bundle is conjoint, bicollateral with two patches of cambium and phloem.
6. Pith is hollow.