Definition Communication in management
“It is a process which involves the transmission and accurate replication of ideas ensured by feedback for the purpose of eliciting actions which will accomplish organisational goals”.
“Communication is the sum of all the things one person does when wants to create understanding in the mind of other be. It is a bridge of meaning. It involves a systematic and continuous process of telling, listening and understanding”.
‘The process of passing information and understanding from one person to another”.
Communication is a vital part of direction function. Through communication messages are sent and received. To communicate is to inform to show or to spread information. It is the means by which management gets its job done. Lawrence Apply points out the communication process as follows:-
1. Clarifying the idea or problem.
2. Getting participation in developing a solution to the problem.
3. Transmitting ideas or decisions.
4. Motivating others to take action agreed upon.
5. Measuring the effectiveness of communication.