Three Differences between Birth Rate and Growth Rate of the Population are as follows:
1. In the middle of the year it is the number of living children born per 1000 of people.
2. It is expressed as per thousand. At present, India’s birth rate is almost 26.1 per thousand in 2001.
3. Example: According to 2001 census, 26.1 living children were born per 1000 of persons.
1. The difference between the birth rate and the death rate is known as growth rate.
2. The growth rate is expressed in percentage e.g., the present rate of India is 1.93% per annum.
3. Example: According to 2001 census, birth rate was 26.1 per thousand and death rate was 8.7 per thousand. Thus growth rate was 19.3 or 1.93% per year.