(1) Sociology is a general social science but Psychology is a special social science.
(2) Sociology studies society and social groups whereas Psychology studies the individual and his behaviour.
(3) Sociology deals with social processes but Psychology with mental processes.
(4) Both differ from each other in the methods of their studies.
(5) Sociology studies human behaviour from sociological point of view whereas Psychology studies human behaviour from psychological point of view.
(6) Sociology is younger than Psychology.
(7)The scope of Sociology is wider than the scope of Psychology.