1. Constitution assures equality to all its citizens including women. [Article -14].
2. Ensures that no discrimination be made against its citizens on the basis of caste, class, creed, race, sex, place of birth or region [Article – 15(1)].
3. Does not deny or impose sanctions or conditions on its citizens to make use of any public place or institutions on the basis of sex, race, caste, religion, etc., [Article 15 (2)]
4. Recommends the State to make certain special arrangements in order to provide protection to women and children and to promote their welfare [Article – 15(3)]
5. No discrimination be made by the State against its citizens including women while providing jobs. [Article -16].
6. To pursue a policy of providing the minimum necessities of life to the citizen without discriminating between men and women [Article 39(a)]
7. Fixing “equal remuneration for equal work” without discriminating between men and women.
8. To provide human conditions for the citizens to fulfil their occupational obligations. The state shall take it as its responsibility to provide maternity benefits for its women employees [Article-42].
9. Promoting harmony and fraternity among people and doing away with all the humiliating customs in respect of women [Article 51 (A) and (e)]
10. 1/3 Reservation for Women in the Panchayats: Reserving not less than 1/3 of the total number of seats for women in the Panchayats [including the women belonging to the SCs and STs] for which direct elections are held. These reserved seats in the range of the Panchayats are to be kept on rotation basis. [Article – 243 D (3)]
11. 1/3 of Reservation for women in the Presidential Posts of the Panchayats: Reserving not less than 1/3 of the total number of the presidential posts at all the levels of the Panchayat [Gram Panchayat, Thaluk Panchayat and Zilla Panchayat] systems [Article 243 D(4)]
12. 1/3 of the Reservation for Women in the Municipalities: Reserving not less than 1/3 of the total number of seats for women in the town municipalities [including the women belonging to the SCs and STs] for which direct elections are held. These reserved seats in the range of the town municipalities are to be kept on rotation basis [Article 243 (T) 3.]
13. Reservation for Women in the Presidential Posts of the Town Municipalities: While reserving the presidential posts of the town municipalities for women and also for the SCs and the STs, the relevant law framed by the state legislative body is to be followed.