Orissa Judicial Service (O.J. S. – 2010)
Time – Three Hours
Full Marks – 150
Answer SIX questions, THREE from Section A, and THREE from Section B All questions carry equal marks.
SECTION – A
1. Explain the ancient sources of Hindu Law. Can a person become Hindu by declaration ? Discuss. 25
2. State the salient features of Mitakshara and Dayabhapa Schools. State what kinds of properties are regarded as ancestral properties. 25
3. State the different kinds of Divorce under Hindu Marriage Act. Distinguish between Divorce and Judicial separation. 25
4. What is meant by maintenance ? Explain the circumstances in which a Hindu wife entitled to live separately from her husband without forfeiting her claim to to maintenance. 25
5. How many kinds of Guardians are there under Hindu Minority and Guardianship Act? Explain. 25
Who is Testamentary Guardian ? Distinguish with natural guardian and their powers.
6. Explain the capacity of an Adopter and Adoptee under Hindu Adoption and Maintenance Act 1956. What is the effect of Adoption? 25
7. Who is Mohammedan ? Explain sources of Mohammedan Law. Write a note on Shairat Act, 1937. 25
8. What are the legal effects of valid, irregular and void marriages ? Explain the acknowledgement of paternity. 25
9. Define Talak. Explain different WmUnl hid. What is prompt and ‘deferred’ dower ? Hp 25
10. Define gift. What are the essential characteristics of gift under Muslim Law ? Explain. When can a gift not be reovked under Mohammedan Law ? I 25
11. Who is a Mutawalli ? Explain the powers and function of Mutawalli. Explain the family settlements by way of Wakf.
12. Define Mehr. Discuss in detail objects, nature, remission and enforcement of Mehr. 25