1. The Himalayan rivers are-
(a) monsoon fed (b) snow fed
(c) ephimeral (d) seasonal
2.From which of the following states does the river Cauvery originate ?
(a) Andhra Pradesh (b) Tamil Nadu
(c) Karnataka (d) Madhya Pradesh
3.The river basin which is called “Ruhr of India” is-
(a) Damodar (b) Hooghly
(c) Godavari (d) Swarnarekha
4.The Siachin glacier is in-
(a) Jammu (b) Aksaichin
(c) Ladakh (d) Garhwal
5. In which state Maikal range is situated ?
(a) Jammu & Kashmir (b) Rajasthan
(c) Gujarat (d) Madhya Pradesh ?
6.Maharashtra plataeu is made up of-
(a) alluvial soil (b) coral reef
(c) sand stone (d) lava
7. The widest gap across the western Ghats is-
(a) Bhor Ghat (b) Thal Ghat
(c) Khandwa Gap (d) Palghat
8. On which of the following states retreating monsoon has more effect ?
(a) Orissa (b) West Bengal
(c) Punjab (d) Tamil Nadu
9.The state in India having dry season for only three oi four months every year is-
(a) West Bengal (b) Mizoram
(c) Himachal Pradesh (d) Kerala
10. North-East monsoon brings maximum rainfall to-
(a) Mumbai (b) Delhi
(c) Kolkata (d) Chennai
11. The driest place in India is-
(a) Leh (b) Banner
(c) Jaisalmer (d) Bikaner
12. Which of the following states touches the boundary four nations ?
(a) Assam (b) Uttar Pradesh
(c) Nagaland (d) Jammu and Kashmir
13. Which of the following lattitudes passes through India?
(a) Equator (b) Tropic of cancer
(c) Tropic of Capricorn (d) Arctic circle
14. The India-Pakistan boundary was settled by-
(a) McMohan line (b) Radcliff line
(c) Durand line (d) Maginot line
15. Which of the following Indian states is land locked ?
(a) Andhra Pradesh (b) Bihar
(c) West Bengal (d) Kerala
16. The southernmost tip of India is-
(a) Lakshadweep (b) Andaman islands
(c) Kanye Kumari (d) Rameshwaram
17. Which is the important red soil area in India ?
(a) lndo-Gangetic plain (b) Southern Peninsula
(c) Gujarat and Maharashtra (d) Jammu & Kashmir
18. Which of the following soils is very hard to cultivate ?
(a) Alluvial (b) Red
(c) Black (d) Sandy
19. Which area of Madhya Pradesh is known for white tigers ?
(a) Rohilkhand (b) Baghel khand
(c) Malwa (d) None of these
20. Telgu Ganga Project is planned to supply drinking water to-
(a) Hyderabad (b) Coimbatore
(c) Chennai (d) Bangalore
21. Thein Dam is being constructed on the river-
(a) Satluj (b) Ravi
(c) Beas (d) None of these
22. Dry farming in India is extensively practised in-
(a) Kanara plains (b) Deccan region
(c) Coromandal plains (d) Punjab plains
23. In which state of India wet agriculture is practised ?
(a) Tamil Nadu (b) Karnataka
(c) Andhra Pradesh (d) Kerala
24. Jhum cultivation is prevalent in-
(a) Punjab (b) Haryana
(c) Madhya Pradesh (d) Manipur
25. The highest milk producing breed of goat in India is-
(a)Barbari (b) Beetal
(c) Jamnapari (d) Black Bengal
26. After u. p. which state leads in production of sugarcane ?
(a) Tamil Nadu (b) Maharashtra
(c) Bihar (d) Andhra Pradesh
27. In which of the following states does the maximum density of canals lie ?
(a) Tamil Nadu (b) Andhra Pradesh
(b) Andhra Pradesh (d) U. P.
28. Mathura refinery receives crude oil from-
(a) Cauvery basin (b) Vadodara
(c) Kandla (d) None of these
29. In which of the following states Koyali having a petroleum refinery is located ?
(a) Bihar (b) Assam
(c) Gujarat (d) U. P.
30.Lignite is found in India in-
(a) Rourkela (b) Hazaribagh
(c) Raniganj (d) Neyveli
31. The state in south India with a thermal station at Tuticoran is-
(a) Karnataka (b) Kerala
(c) Tamil Nadu (d) Andhra Pradesh
32. At present, India’s largest mineral resource is-
(a) copper (b) coal
(c) iron-ore (d) none of these
33.The only place where tin is found in India is-
(a) Hazaribagh (b) Rewa
(c) Salem (d) Quilon
34.India has the maximum amount of foreign trade with-
(a) U. S. A. (b) China
(c) Japan (d) Germany
35.Nhava Sheva, one of India’s major ports is in-
(a) Gujarat (b) West Bengal
(c) Maharashtra (d) Andhra Pradesh
36. Which of the following ports does not have a natural harbour ?
(a) Cochin (b) Mumbai
(c) Chennai (d) Vishakhapatnam
37.The first Electric train in India (Deccan Queen) was run between-
(a) Mumbai and Surat (b) Howrah and Delhi
(c) Kalyan and Pune (d) New Delhi and Chennai
38.Gitanjali Express runs between-
(a) Howrah-Puri (b) Howrah-Jammu
(c) Howrab-Mumbai (d) Howrah-Jaipur
39. The first shore-based steel plant in India is in-
(a) Haldia (b) Kandla
(a) Tamil Nadu (c) Punjab
(c) Paradeep (d) Vishakhapatnam
40. The place ‘Avadi’ which is known for the manufacture of Vijay anta tanks for the Indian Army is located in-
(a) Orissa (b) Karnataka
(c) Andhra Pradesh (d) Tamil Nadu
41. In which industry is sal wood used mostly ?
(a) Railway sleepers (b) Matches
(c) Paper (d) None of these
42. The main centre of diamond cutting industry in India is-
(a) Panna (b) Kolar
(c) Surat(d) Agra
43. Where is the Hindustan Shipyard located ?
(a) Cochin (b) Vishakhapatnam
(c) Mumbai (d) Kolkata
44. The satellite freight city is being developed near which of the following cities ?
(a) Kolkata (b) Bangalore
(c) Kandla (d) Gurgaon
45. India’s oldest Planetorium is located at-
(a) Kolkata (b) Mumbai
(c) Patna (d) Ahmadabad
46. The first submarine built by India is-
(a) INS Shalki (b) INS Ganga
(c) INS Godavari (d) INS Himgiri
47.Vijayawada is situated on the bank of the river–
(a) Tungabhadra (b) Godavari
(c) Krishna (d) Cauvery
48.NEFA is the old name of-
(a) Karnataka (b) Tamil Nadu
(c) Nagaland (d) Arunachal Pradesh
49.Kaiga in Karnataka is famous for-
(a) nuclear plant (b) ancient fort
(c) fertiliser plant (d) cement plant
50.Palk straits separates India from-
(a) Bangladesh (b) Pakistan
(c) Sri Lanka (d) Maldives