1. What is the average height of the Greater Himalayas?
Ans. 6100 meters.
2. By which name the Mount Everest is known in Nepal ?
3. By which name the lesser Himalayas or Himachal is known in Kashmir?
4. What is the name of the Peerpanjal Pass which is on way from Jammu to Srinagar ?
Ans. Banihal Pass.
5. What is the highest mountain peak of India and in which range it is situated ?
Ans. K2 (Gaudwin Austin), it is in the Karakoram range.
6. By which name in north-east India the Himalyas is known ?
7. Which river separates western Himalayas from Nepal Himalayas ?
Ans- Kali river.
8. Which small range separates the Nepal Himalayas from the eastern Himalayas?
Ans. Singa Lila.
9. Which part of India is the oldest ?
Ans. Peninsular India.
10. Which territory of India is the part of Gondawana land ? Ans. Peninsular India.
11. Which is the highest mountain peak of the western Ghat ?
Ans.. Anaimudi in the Anaimudi Hills in Kerala.
12. Which mountain peak is the highest in south India ?
13. Which are three important passes in the western Ghat ?
Ans. Thalghat, Bhorghat and Palghat.
14. In which state the cardamom hill is located ?
15. In which state the Girnar hills are located ?
16.Eastern Ghat is also known as by which name ?
Ans. Coromandal coast.
17. Western Ghat is also known as by which name ?
Ans. Malabar coast.