The important points of difference between nuclear fission process and nuclear fission are listed below.
1. It involves the splitting of a heavy nucleus into lighter nuclei.
2. It is a chain process.
3. High temperature is not essential.
4. Fission process can be carried out in a controlled manner and energy released can be used for peaceful purposes.
5. There is a production of large number of radioisotopes and large amount of nuclear waste is left.
1. It involves the union of two or more lighter nuclei to form a heavy nucleus.
2. It is not a chain process.
3. Being a thermonuclear process, it requires extremely high temperature (> 106 K).
4. Fusion process is extremely difficult to be carried out in a controlled manner.
5. No nuclear waste is left. Hence, it does not cause pollution.