Advantages of solar energy:
Main advantages of solar energy are as follows:
1. It is renewable source of energy; therefore, it is inexhaustible source of energy.
2. Energy is available is abundance is hot countries like ours.
3. Solar energy does not cause any pollution.
Disadvantages or limitations of solar energy:
1. The solar energy comes to earth in very diffused form therefore, solar energy has to be concentrated by special type of devices – solar energy collectors, before it can be put to any practical use. These solar energy collectors are generally quite bulky and hence are not always convenient to use.
2. The solar energy is not available uniformly :
Its intensity is less during winters and during rainy season. It also keeps on changing during the day at a particular place.
3. It is not available in plenty at all places.
4. It is not available during night.