5 arguments for management as an art:
1. Management deals with human beings, about whom it is not possible to generalize. Even the same man may behave differently in different circumstances.
2. Apart from the human element, there are many other variables in the management situation which cannot be reduced to a common formula.
3. Business involves risks: Those who have experience are better equipped to undertake risks than those who have knowledge but not experience.
4. Even if it is assumed that there are some useful principles in management, a manager has to use his individual judgment in applying them to practical situations, this meant art.
5. The art of management is much older and more well-established than the so-called science. History provides numerous of successful achievements by experienced managers who had no knowledge of the science.