Begin your letter by giving information about the vehicle to be insured:
1. This is to request you to insure my new Honda City car which is being delivered to me on the 1st of next month,
2. I have bought a second hand Maruti Zen and would like to get its insurance cover changed from third party to comprehensive insurance.
Make enquiries about insurance premium:
3. Kindly let me know your terms and conditions for the comprehensive insurance policy.
4. Please send me the details and the requisite forms for this purpose.
5. Please let me know the additional insurance premium for my car.
6. Please let me know if the premium is the same as before.
Inform the insurance company if damage is caused to the insured vehicle:
7. I am sorry to say that my car which is insured with you (vide policy number…………………… was damaged extensively in an accident this morning/ on ………………
8. I am extremely sorry to inform you that my car which was insured with you (Policy
No………………… ) was stolen from my office parking yesterday. I have lodged a complaint with the Tilak Nagar police station.
9. I am sorry to inform you that last evening some miscreants broke the wind-screen of my car while it was parked outside my house.
Claim for the damage caused:
10. Please, therefore, send your inspector immediately to M/s. Auto Service Station, where my car is kept for the assessment of damage and repairs.
11. Am I eligible for compensation from your company for this damage?
12.1 would like to know whether your paying for the new wind-screen would mean that I lose the no-accident rebate which I have been getting for the last four years.
This is to request you to insure my new Honda City car which is being delivered to me on the 1st of next month. Please send me the details and the requisite forms for this purpose.