Start the letter by giving your tenure and performance in the job:
1. I have been employed with your company for the last three years and during this period; I have discharged my duties to the best of my abilities.
2. Ever since I joined this company, I have put in my best efforts and all my colleagues appreciate my work.
3. As you are aware, I have been working as an Accounts Assistant in this office for the last five years and have also officiated as an Accountant whenever the latter was on leave.
4. I am sure you are aware of the fact that I will complete five years in this office by the end of this month.
5. This is to inform you that I have completed five years of service with the organisation.
Now give reasons for the necessity of writing the letter:
6. However, I think my performance has gone unnoticed because I have not got any increment so far.
7. Although I have been entrusted with some additional work, my salary has not been revises for almost three years.
8. I hope l deserve a promotion to the next rank which is long overdue.
9. However, despite the general appreciation of my work, I have not got any promotion/ have been superseded by Mr. Pillai who had been my junior.
10. I learn that Mr. Das is leaving by the end of the year and his post is likely to fall vacant.
11. I think I should have got a better increment than what I got this time.
12. I learn that the Accountant, under whom I have been working, is being transferred to the Head Office on promotion.
13. I understand that a new branch of our company Is being opened in Kanpur for which require experienced staff.
14. I feel that an increase in my salary is long overdue.
15. After such a long period of sincere service I feel I deserve a promotion.
Thereafter come to the point by giving suggestions:
16. You are well acquainted with the fact that of late the inflation has been very high.
17. Therefore, may I request you to consider my case for an increment / a promotion?
18. You know about the increasing cost of living in Delhi and now I struggle to make both a meet.
19.1, therefore, enclose an application for that post and hope that considering my past re you will take a favourable view of it.
20. I, therefore, apply for the post of Manager of the new branch and hope that my experience will assure you of my ability to serve the company to the entire satisfaction of the management.
Close the letter with an expectation of a favourable consideration.
21. I hope you will consider my case favourably.
22. I earnestly hope that this request will be given due consideration.
23. As you are aware of my family circumstances, I hope you will take a favourable view.
24. I feel confident that the management will be generous in recognizing and rewarding my merit.
25. I am looking forward to a favourable response from you.
26. All my colleagues also feel the same way.
27. I assure you that I will do my best to justify your confidence in me.
I have been employed with your company for the last three years and during this period, I have discharged my duties to the best of my abilities. However, despite the general appreciation of my work, I have not got any promotion. I learn that Mr. Das is leaving by the end of the year and his post is likely to fall vacant. Therefore, may I request you to consider my case for a promotion? I assure you that I will do my best to justify your confidence in me.