See how easily you can write an effective apology letter for not keeping an appointment this new way.
Start with apologies:
1. I am extremely sorry for being so forgetful and not keeping our appointment last evening.
2. I am sorry for my carelessness in not keeping our appointment, yesterday.
3. I am really ashamed to admit that the appointment of yesterday completely slipped out of my mind.
4. I very much regret my forgetfulness to keep the appointment last evening.
5. I am sorry for not being able to keep my appointment with you despite your reminder in the morning.
Then give justifications, if any:
6. There is, of course, no justification for this carelessness on my part.
7. I really do not know how I forgot it. Please forgive me.
8. In fact, I have been so deeply disturbed by my son’s/daughter’s illness for the last few days that I have become forgetful.
9. Of course, I had not forgotten the appointment, but at the last moment something unavoidable turned up at the office.
10. All along the day I had the appointment in mind but towards the evening I got so busy that it just slipped off my mind.
Close the letter with hopes of renewing the appointment:
11. Do you think we could have it on next Sunday?
12. Let’s make it next Wednesday. Do we?
13. So, will you mind having our meeting sometime next week, of course, at your convenience?
14. Kindly let me know when you are free now?
15. I am talking leave from next Monday. I can see you any time during this week, wherever you find it convenient.
16. Please excuse me this time and Set me know of the next appointment.
I am extremely sorry for being so forgetful and not keeping our appointment last evening. There is, of course, no justification for this carelessness on my part. Please excuse me this time and let me know of the next appointment.