Health Education is defined as a process which affects changes in health practices of people and also the knowledge and attitudes related to such changes. The term Health Education was coined in the year 1919.
Aims of Health Education
1. To ensure the value of health
2. To make health as an asset of the community.
3. To impart knowledge, attitude and skills in people. So they can solve their health problems.
4. To promote the development and use of health services.
Community Pharmacy is a Health Care Service. It motivates the society in the following aspects:
1. Decrease in mortality and morbidity.
2. Decrease in the growth of population.
3. Improvement in nutritional status.
4. Provision of basic sanitation
5. Provision of health care system.
6. Reduction in the levels of poverty