For the improvement of agricultural yield, new-technologies and equipment have been introduced in the recent years.
1. Use of tube-wells and water-pumps, tractor, tiller, thresher etc.
2. Similarly, drip irrigation and sprinklers are used for irrigation, where the water supply is less and to irrigate more places with less water.
3. Chemical fertilizers which have been used on a large scale are now being supplemented by biofertilizers to retain the fertility of the land.
4. The farm produces are carried to the market on trucks through all weather roads and faster means of transport.
1. To initiate with government to provide facilities to the farmers. The government has started many programmes like Green Revolution, White Revolution or Operation floods.
2. The government has assembled small lands to make them economically practicable.
3. Radio and television broadcasting tell farmers about the new and improved techniques of cultivation or to give upto-date knowledge to the farmers.
4. Provision of crop-insurance, rural banking and small-scale cooperative societies protect farmers against the losses caused by crop-failure or help farmers for the modernization of agriculture.
5. The government also announced minimum price for the crop grown by the farmers to remove the elements of uncertainty and get correct price for their products.