Till a person has ambition, he cannot have any motivation to work, It is only the inner urge which makes a person to mobilize resources and energies for the achievement of his goal. In other words ambition is the basis of all progress.
Arguments for :
1. Ambitious persons try to achieve their goal by hook or crook because only the achievements of the goal will give them satisfaction. The result is that they do not take moral aspect of their effort into consideration. Moreover, they also forget their duties towards themselves and towards the society. Such a person, is not only dangerous but also irrelevant for the society.
2. Ambition has no limits and its boundaries go on extending with the initial success. This means that an ambition becomes a continuing process and so cultivates a particular attitude and outlook towards life. The ambitious try to surpass others in every department of life. And this competitive spirit results in jealousy,, envy and many other mean emotions.
3. Many a time ambition becomes a consuming passion and! the person subordinates all other consideration to this overpowering emotion. Such a person cannot have broader outlook and proper thinking, every action of his will be determined by the goals of his ambition. This narrow outlook is dangerous for his progress, as. well as for his role in the society.
Arguments against :
1. Till a person has ambition, he cannot have any motivation to work, It is only the inner urge which makes a person to mobilize resources and energies for the achievement of his goal. In other words ambition is the basis of all progress.
2. Only ambitious persons can take some interest in life because such persons have new challenges and new goals. A complacent person will never be a happy person because he has nothing to achieve and nothing to work for. On the other hand, ambitious people will remain busy and will not be tortured by the futility of human life because they will always be trying to seize an opportunity to make progress.
3. Without ambitions, a man cannot have single-minded devotion. The result is that he cannot focus his attention on any single aspect of the work. Such a person can never get success because his efforts will not tie themselves together in order to bring, to a definite conclusion. Such a person fritters away his energies in taking up this or that work without hammering on one point.