The Characteristics of an ideal fuel are discussed as follows:
1. The fuel should have high calorific value.
2. The fuel should have proper ignition temperature.
3. The rate of combustion should be balanced and moderate.
4. The content of non-volatile substances should be as low as possible.
5. There should be no poisonous or residue byproducts on combustion.
6. The fuel should be easily available in plenty.
7. The fuel should be available at a low cost.
8. There should be convenience in transporting the fuel and should be easily storable.