The following factors pose a threat to the survival and growth of small scale retailers
1. Limited financial resources.
2. Lack of managerial competence.
3. Faulty credit policy of the retailer.
4. Illness or death of the owner.
5. Poor location of shop.
6. Stiff competition from rivals in the same trade.
7. Impolite and discourteous behaviour of the retailer and his staff.
8. Poor publicity and window display.
9. Poor services of retailer.
10. Customers preference for large scale retailers.
11. Natural calamities such as floods, earthquakes, etc.
12. Lack of specialisation.
13. No economies of scale.
14. Poor sales promotion.
15. Poor risk bearing capacity.