Secondary Education Commission & Examination Reforms
The Secondary Education submitted its report in 1953 whose recommendations are briefly stated below:
1. System of completing the examination by parts should be introduced.
2. There should be only one public examination at the end of higher secondary course.
3. Symbolic grades should be awarded in place of numerical marks.
4. Comprehensive school records should be maintained. In these, the information about all aspects of the child’s development should be recorded and given weightage in the final assessment.
5. The essay- type examination should progressively be replaced by the objective type tests.