Army (Military) Training Institutes:
1. National Defence Academy, Khadakvasla (near Pune).
2. Indian Military Academy, Dehra Dun (Uttranchal).
3. National Defence College, New Delhi.
4. Defence Services Staff College, Wellington, Nilgiri Hills (Tamil Nadu).
5. Armed Forces Medical College, Pune.
6. Rastriya Indian Military College, Dehra Dun (Uttranchal).
7. Indian Naval Academy, Cochin (Kerala). It started functioning from
January 1, 1970.
8. Air Defence and Guided Missiles School, Gopalpur (Orissa).
Air Force Training Centres : 1. Air Force Administrative College,
Coimbatore; 2. Air Force Flying College, Jodhpur; 3. Air Force Technical College, Jalahalli; 4. Air Force Paratroopers Training School, Agra; 5. Flying Inspectors’ School, Tambaram; 6. Air Force Academy, Hyderabad; 7. Air Force School Sambra, Belgaum; 8. Elementary Flying School, Bidar; 9. Fighter Training and Transport Training Wings of the Air Force, Hakimpet Yelahanka; 10. Institute of Aviation Medicine, Bangalore; 11. College
Air Warfare, Secunderabad. Naval Training Centres : 1. I.N.S. Venduruthy, Kochi; 2. I.N.S., Kochi; 3. I.N.S. Shivaji, Lonavala (Maharashtra); 4. I.N.S. Valsura, agar; 5. I.N.S. Circars, Visakliapatnam; 6. I.N.S. Hamla, Mumbai; LN.S. Kistna. Junior Officers Training Ship; 8. I.N.S. Angre, Mumbai; FN.S. Kunjali, Mumbai; 10. Indian Naval Academy, Kochi.
Other Training Centres and Schools run by the Army
1. Institute of Armament Studies, Kirkee (Pune), the first of its kind in India; 2. School of Foreign Languages, New Delhi (only for officers of the Armed Forces); 3. College of Military Engineering, Pune; 4. Armed Forces Medical College, Pune; 5. Armoured Corps Centre and School, Ahmednagar; 6. The School of Signals, Mhow; 7. The School of Artillery, Deolali; 8. The Infantry School, Mhow; 9. The Army Ordnance School, Jabalpur; 10. The Army Services School, Bareilly.
Sainik Schools : 17 Sainik Schools all over India prepare boys (age group 10-18) for the entrance examination of N.D.A.