The office work has tremendously grown in the modern economy. Due to the expansion of economic activities, the work has been increased manifold. The following factors have contributed to the growth of office work:
1. The management needs proper and timely information on all aspects of business operations in order to arrive at intelligent decision-making.
2. When the business grows, office work also grows proportionately.
3. The work concerned with the preparation of returns to government, financial statements, and dealings with employees etc., increase office work.
4. With increase of service activities such as accounting, banking, advertising, marketing, insurance damages etc., the paper work has increased tremendously.
5. The importance of office in relation to customers is of great significance. Office acts as the channel that links the business organization with its customers.