15 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) on Indian Population
1. Which of the following is a pivotal element in social sciences?
2. Which of the following are meaning in relation to human beings?
(d) All of these
3. What does census provides us?
(a) Information regarding population
(b) Information regarding resources
(c) Information regarding agricultural income
(d) Information regarding crops
4. How much percentages of world population inhabit India?
(d) None of these
5. Name the state of India which is most populous.
(a) Andhra Pradesh
(b) Uttar Pradesh
(d) Tamil Nadu
6. Which of the following statements defines the density of population1?
(a) Number of persons living per unit area
(b) Number of persons living in a country
(c) Change in the number of inhabitants of a country during a specific period of time
(d) Absolute numbers added every year
7. The number of live births per thousand persons in a year is termed as
(a) Death rate
(b) Birth rate
(c) Growth rate
(d) None of these
8. What is international migration?
(а) Movement of people within the country
(b) Movement of people from one village to another
(c) Movement of people between/among countries
(d) Movement of people from urban to urban areas
9. Working population includes those persons who fall in the age group of
(a) 6-14 years
(b) 0-15 years
(c) +60 years
(d) 15-59 years
10. Which of the following states/union territories has the lowest sex ratio in India?
11. A person aged 7 years and above who can read or write with understanding in any language is treated as
12. According to 2001 census life expectancy at birth is
(a) 36.7 years
(b) 63 years
(c) 64.6 years
(d) 74 years
13. Adolescents are generally grouped in the age group of
(a) 10-19 years
(b) 13-19 years
(c) 15-29 years
(d) +60 years
14. What does NPP stand for?
(a) National Population Programme
(b) National Population Project
(c) National Population Policy
(d) National Population Production
15. How much of rural population in India are in a population to avail safe drinking water and basic sanitation amenities?
1. (a) 2. (d) 3. (a) 4. (c) 5. (b)
6. (a) 7. (b) 8. (c) 9. (d) 10. (c)
11. (b) 12. (c) 13. (a) 14. (c) 15. (d)