1. Contains actively diving cells.
2. Cells shape isodiametric, fusiform or rectangular.
3. Restricted or localised in distribution.
4. Living cells with dense protoplasm.
5. Intercellular spaces absent.
6. Ergastic substances absent.
7. Cell with primary cell wall.
8. Vacuoles absent or small if present.
1. Lost the power of division permanently of temporarily.
2. Various cell shapes depending on function or location.
3. Widely distributed in the plant body.
4. Living or dead or both types of cells at maturity.
5. Intercellular spaces may be present.
6. Contains plenty of ergastic substances.
7. Cell with primary as well as secondary cell wall.
8. Vacuoles prominent.