- Respiration in slow process. That is, oxidation of food in the body takes place slowly.
- Respiration takes place at a relatively lower temperature.
- In respiration, complete combustion of food takes place.
- Respiration takes place inside the living body.
- Respiration is a continuous process, and continuous throughout the life of the living body.
- Combustion is a fast process.
- Combustion usually takes place at a much higher temperature.
- Combustion of fuels is usually not complete, so some carbon monoxide and unbrunt carbon particles are also formed.
- Ordinary combustion takes place outside the living body.
- Combustion is usually not a continuous process.