Following are different types of industries promoted by women entrepreneurs:
1. Agarbati manufacturing
2. Pappad making
3. Special bed spread making
2. Handicrafts for export
6. Batik paintings
7. Apparels manufacturing
8. Catering service
9. Running restaurants, snack bars, sweetmeat stalls etc.
10. Retail shop- textiles, readymade garments, grocery shops, medicine stores etc.
11. Running churches, tutorial classes, type institutes, shorthand institutes
12. Florist shops and dry cleaning
13. Urban diaries, milk distribution
14. Pickle manufacturing, stationery manufacturing and packaging manufacturing units.
15. Taking up contract jobs for maintenance of office etc.
16. Travel agencies and advertising agencies.
17. Xeroxing and photographic studios
18. Running working women’s hostel.