The word management denotes getting things done through others. It is also known as controlling a work through a process. The techniques of controlling an office to achieve the ultimate objective of the enterprise are called management. The application of scientific approaches in solving managerial problems is called scientific management. The old rule of thumb or conventional approaches to management are no longer hi application. The ideas of scientific management were developed by F.W. Taylor who is called the father of scientific management. It aims at doing things in the best and cheapest manner. The process of scientific management involves:
- Deciding or planning the work in advance.
- Putting right man for the right job.
- Determination of standards of performance.
- Suggest right movement of work and elimination of unnecessary flow of work.
- Introduction of incentive wage plan.
- The improvement of worker-management relationship.