A bill of exchange can be dishonored by non-acceptance (Section 91) in the following ways:
1. If a bill is presented to the drawee for acceptance and he does not accept it within 48 hours from the time of presentment for acceptance.
2. When the drawee is a fictitious person or if he cannot be traced after reasonable search.
3. When the drawee is incompetent to contract.
4. When a bill is accepted with a qualified acceptance.
5. When the drawee has either become insolvent or is dead.
6. When presentment for acceptance is excused and the bill is not accepted.
7. When one or some of several drawees, not being partners make default in acceptance on being duly required doing so.