6 Main factors for Performance Budgeting at the Branch Level are:
Performance Budgeting at the branch level should take the following factors into account in a careful manner:
1. The guidelines received from the corporate / regional/zonal office.
2. The performance trends of the bank during the last two or three years.
3. The competitive trends, i.e. from private, foreign banks; and other agencies in money as well as capital market(s)
4. The changes in the political environment.
5. The changes in the composition of clientele (i.e. individual customers, corporate undertakings, cooperative societies, government institutions etc).
6. The changes in the internal environment (i.e. changes in the composition of staff, cordial relations with clients, etc).