1. Man, plants and animals need each other to exist. They depend on each other for many things.
2. We get many important things that we need every day from plants. They give us food, materials, medicines and keep the air we breathe in fresh.
3. Animals are a very important part of man’s surroundings. They help us and also give us food.
4. A relationship exists among plants and animals. This is shown by a food chain.
5. The first member of the food chain is a green plant and is called the producer. The next link is the primary consumer followed by the secondary and tertiary consumer. The decomposers are at the end of the chain.
6. Animals need plants for shelter and plants need animals for manure and to keep the balance of carbon dioxide in the air.
7. Natural resources like forests, soil, minerals, air, etc., need to be conserved and preserved, or soon they will be exhausted.
8. Protected areas where the cutting of trees or killing of birds and animals is not allowed and is punishable by law are called national parks and wildlife or bird sanctuaries.