1. Xylem is a complex tissue composed of various types of cells. It is mixture of both dead and living cells.
2. The main constituents of xylem are xylem tracheid, vessels and xylem parenchyma.
3. The main functions are translocation of water and minerals, salts and mechanical support.
1. Phloem is also a complex tissue composed of variety of cell types. It is also consisted of both dead and living cells.
2. Here the main components are sieve tubes, companion cells and phloem parenchyma.
3. The function is translocation of organic solutes (food) to different parts of the plant.