Blast of Rice:
1- Blast of rice (rotton neck) is a fungal disease caused by Pyricularia oryzae.
2. The symptoms first appear as small bluish flecks on the leaf.
3. Symptoms occur continuously but not in distinct phases.
4. Brown to black spots develops on rachis of inflorescence and ears.
5. Neck of the panicle shows black necrotic areas (neck plast) and bends down.
Bacterial Blight of Rice:
1. Bacterial Leaf Blight (BLB) is a bacterial disease caused by Xanthomonas oryzae.
2. Symptoms appear in form of translucent spots on leaf blade and leaf sheath.
3. The symptoms are distinguishable to three phases.
4. The phases are blighting kresek and pale yellow leaf phase.
5. These result in rolling, drooping and withering of leaves leading to death of the plant.