Health Education is a very vast term. It has a very wide scope. It is dependent and closely related to many other aspects, besides health. These aspects include housing, economic security, agricultural or industrial prosperity etc. Normally, health education includes the following:
1. Food and its importance in the development of human body.
2. Water, air, light, physical exercise, recreation, rest and sleep, etc.
3. Abnormal conditions and bad habits. Their adverse effect on the physical and mental health of an individual.
4. Various ailments and diseases. Their causes and ways and means of their prevention and cure.
5. Mental health, sex hygiene, domestic and community hygiene.
6. Emergency and first aid.
Thus we see that the scope of health education is very wide indeed. It touches all branches of human life, namely personal life, school life and community life.