Instructions for updating Galaxy S2 GT I9100 with Bezke Ultralcs 4.0 ICS Custom Fimware
Most of the users are unhappy with the recent ICS Android 4.0.3 firmware released by Samsung Electronics on the name of ICS. But a happy news for all the Galaxy S2 GT I9100 users, you can now experience ICS with the release of the new ICS Android 4.0.3 XXLPQ based custom ROM firmware with an exciting new look and features. This article will guide you how to update your Galaxy S2 GT I9100 device with Bezke Ultralcs 4.0 ICS Custom Fimware. The new Bezke Ultralcs 4.0 ICS Custom Fimware is a new Custom ROM firmware released by developer named “Bezke”. This is not an official firmware released by Samsung Electronics, hence installing this may void your phone’s warranty.
Reminders before the update:
- Before installing, update Galaxy S2 GT I9100 with the XXLPQ 4.0.3 Firmware and root your device with XXLPQ 4.0.3 firmware.
- Make a backup of all your data stored in your phone as there are chances of losing them after the update. You can use “SMS Backup & Restore app” for SMS backups, Sync with the “Gmail application” to save your contacts, “Call Log And Restore” can be used to backup your Call Log, Copying your images, songs and other files to the external drive can help and finally follow the path “Applications> Settings> Wireless and Network> Mobile Networks> Access Point Names” to copy the APN and MMS settings.
- Follow the path “Settings> Applications> Development> USB debugging” to enable USB debugging feature on your device before the update.
- Disable security features such as firewall or antivirus software in your computer as this may sometime interrupt the update process.
- Make sure that the battery has 70% charge remaining before doing the update.
- Ensure that you have rooted the same firmware that is ON on your device as this firmware update can only be used on rooted firmwares.
Instruction for updating your device:
- Download the ROM and save it to your PC.
- Connect Galaxy S2 to your computer using USB cable, and copy the downloaded file to the root of SD card.
- Now Disconnect the device from computer and turn it off.
- Press the Volume Up and Power button simultaneously for a few seconds to enter fastboot mode where you can select recovery option.
- Select “Wipe data/factory reset” and “Wipe Cache partition” in the recovery mode.
- After you have successfully erased cache and data, select “install zip from SD card” and then “Choose Zip from SD card” options to select the transferred files.
- The device will now start installing the new ROM from ZIP file, which will take 5-10 minutes to complete. Once the process has completed go back to start menu by selecting “+++Go Back+++” , and now select the “Reboot system” option.
You will now be welcomed by the new ROM and user interface. But you can confirm it by following the path “Settings> About Phone> Firmware Version” where it will show Android 4.0.X firmware installed.
Note- If your device get stuck on boot screen, take out the battery and reinsert it and follow the procedures once again.