Aims of physical education may be summarized as:
1. It exhibits a physically active lifestyle.
2. It achieves and maintains a health-enhancing level of physical fitness.
3. It demonstrates responsible personal and social behaviour in physical activity settings.
4. Book alters states that “the aim of physical education is the optimum development of the physically, socially and mentally integrated and adjusted individual through guided instruction and participation in selected total-body sports, rhythmic and gymnastic activities conducted according to social and hygienic standards.”
5. It demonstrates competency in many movement forms and proficiency in a few.
6. It applies movement concepts and principles to the learning and development of motor skills.
7. It demonstrates understanding and respect for differences among people in physical activity settings.
8. It understands that physical activity provides opportunities for enjoyment, challenge, self- expression and social interaction.
9. According to National Plan of Physical Education and Recreation. “The aim of Physical Education must, be to make every child physically, mentally and emotionally fit and also to develop in him such personal and social qualities as will help him to live happily with others and build him up as a good citizen.”