Press codes and ethics usually take into account the following:
1. Safeguarding freedom of information.
2. Freedom of access to information sources.
3. Objectivity, accuracy, truthfulness or the non- misinterpretation of facts.
4. Responsibility to the public and its rights and interests and in relation to national, racial and religious communities, the nation, the state and the maintenance of peace.
5. The obligation to refrain from column, unfounded accusations, slander, violations of privacy.
6. Integrity and independence.
7. The right of reply and of correction.
8. Respect of professional confidentiality.
9. Consideration for the cultural, social or ethnic codes of individual countries.