7 important Rules for Drawing the Network
The following are the basic rules to be observed whilst drawing out an arrow diagram:-
1. To achieve the objective, it must be necessary for every activity on the network to be completed.
2. An event occurs only after every activity leading to it is completed.
3. No activity succeeding the event can be commenced until after the event has occurred.
4. Two- events can be normally connected by only one activity (or job).
5. An activity should be represented by only one arrow.
6. Independence of jobs, if any, must be indicated by dummies, if necessary.
7. There will be only one point of entry and one point of exit.