10 Main Characters of Porifera are given below:
- No definite symmetry.
- Body multicellular, few tissues, no organs.
- Cells and tissues surround a water filled space but there is no true body cavity.
- All are sessile, (live attached to something as an adult).
- Reproduce sexually or asexually, sexual reproduction can be either gonochoristic or hermaphroditic.
- Has no nervous system.
- Has a distinct larval stage which is planktonic.
- Lives in aquatic environments, mostly marine.
- All are filter feeders.
- Often have a skeleton of spicules.