The main characteristics of Plati Helminthes are given below:
- These are triploblastic nade up of 3 germ layers.
- Bilaterally symmetrical.
- Adhesive organs such as sucker hooks and spines are present.
- Digestive system incomplete and respiratory organs absent.
- Nervous system is anteriorly situated ganglia and nerve cord.
- They are monocious, reproductive system is developed.
- They are mostly paracytic, some are free swimming.
- Muscles are arranged in layers.
- Excretory system is protonephridial system comprising flame cells.