The characteristics of Hemichordate are given below:
1) Bilaterally symmetrical.
2) Body has more than two cell layers, tissues and organs.
3) Body cavity a true coelom.
4) Body possesses a through gut, straight or U-shaped, with an anus.
5) Body divided into three sections, a proboscis, a collar and a trunk.
6) Nervous system normally diffuse, but variable.
7) Has a partially open circulatory system.
8) Possesses glomerulus as an excretory organ.
9) Reproduction normally sexual and gonochoristic.
10) Feeds on fine particles in the water.
11) All live marine environments.